– released 2017-02-05
Hello, we have a small update to improve 1Password's current updater for the upcoming major 1Password 6.3 update that will have a new installer.
Please let us know if you've experienced any issues at https://discussions.agilebits.com.
– released 2016-12-23
Happy Holidays! We have a little present for you today, 1Password 6.2 is here with a brand new item editor that now supports the ability to create custom sections, custom fields, multiple URLs and more to come in future updates.
We'd love to hear your thoughts about this update at https://discussions.agilebits.com/.
- Brand new item editor: You can customize your items with custom sections and fields.
- Custom field support: you can now create and change between text, URL, email, address, date, month/year, One-Time Password, Password, and Phone field types.
- Multiple URL support: Thanks to the new item editor, you can now add more URL fields to your Login items.
- You can re-order custom fields and multiple URL fields by focusing the field and use the "Alt + Up or Down" keys to move it up and down, drag handles will be added soon.
- Double-click on Logins in the main 1Password window to open the primary URL as it now supports multiple URLs in your default browser.
- Pending Changes has been separated into Offline Changes and Sync Errors. Offline Changes will be cleared once 1Password can reconnect to the Internet, while Sync Errors will require further investigation to repair them.
- Compatibility update for Opera 42 with its new code signature.
- Updated to the latest 1Password Brain library for improved filling and saving with our 1Password browser extensions.
- Improved handling of various network conditions to help 1Password's ability to sync when a connection has been dropped.
- When creating a new item, the title will be focused immediately.
- Move to Trash is no longer shown when creating a new item.
- The subtitles for all items will now be updated in the item list after saving and/or editing them.
- Improved keyboard support for tabbing and shift+tabbing between all fields in the item editor as well as the Password Generator and the Date Picker. Use "Control + Arrow keys" to navigate throughout the item editor.
- When tabbing, 1Password will bypass any field labels that cannot be renamed or deleted, making it a bit more intuitive to use.
- The field's content will be selected when you tab into it, so you can copy or delete it quickly. Use the arrow keys to start editing them.
- Attaching a file to the Document item will be reflected in the UI immediately.
- Ignore trailing spaces in the search field.
- 1Password will show the 1Password.com account's sign-in and email addresses via "Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Account name" submenu.
- Show the last time 1Password was able to sign in to the specific account via "Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Account name" submenu.
- Improved the formatting of the 1Password diagnostics report, now outputs as an html file.
- Added the "/dr" command to the search box to quickly copy the diagnostics report to the clipboard.
- Better handling of the various 1Password Account's sign-in address formats.
- Added a tooltip to the disabled edit button to explain why it is not working.
- Show Clear Search button only when there is something to clear.
- Do not save today's dates to unused date fields in certain new items.
- Multiple fixes for the crash reports that has been submitted to us, thank you!
– released 2016-11-20
Happy Thanksgiving! We have a new update for you to use while you eat the delicious food and help your family with their computer issues.
In this update, we've made a lot of internal improvements to the sync and lock subsystems, plus a few new features. One big new feature is the Pending Changes category that shows up on the top of the left sidebar. This shows you any items that have not been synced like if you've made changes while you're offline at your family's house because you don't yet have the Wi-Fi password.
We're thankful to all of you, you're making 1Password possible and are the reason why AgileBits work to continually improve 1Password for you.
If you find an issue in 1Password or think of a new idea after waking up out of that food coma or while eating the leftovers on the next day, please let us know in our discussions forum: https://discussions.agilebits.com
- New keyboard shortcuts for editing (Control + E) and saving your items (Control + S)
- Now shows the "Pending Changes" on top of the left sidebar, this will show you all items that has not yet been sync'ed and/or rejected by the 1Password.com servers.
- Holding the "Control + Alt" keyboard shortcut while opening 1Password will bypass the window state restoration process, this is useful for when your monitor setup has changed.
- New "Clear Search" button in the search field and a keyboard shortcut to clear it with ("Escape").
- Unified locking experience across all open 1Password windows.
- If you change your 1Password account's email address on the 1Password.com web site, 1Password will automatically detect it and update it internally without requiring you to sign in again.
- If you change your domain name for your 1Password Families or Teams account, 1Password will switch over to the new domain automatically.
- 1Password will automatically detect account plan changes and update internally (Individuals to Families or Teams upgrade or downgrading from Families to Individuals).
- Optimized UI rendering for the item list and item viewer.
- External crash reports and the general overview of the database will be included when generating the diagnostics report.
- After a crash (knocks on wood), 1Password will ask to submit the report via an in-app banner after restarting the app.
- Optimized the internal network library to simplify and reduce the number of calls to 1Password.com servers.
- Selecting a local folder on the "Welcome to 1Password" page will no longer cause 1Password to ask for the folder again after unlocking.
- Creating new items via 1Password browser extensions will trigger a sync.
- Signing out of a 1Password.com account via the "Accounts & Vaults" submenu will clear its entry in the local database.
- Do not accept invalid data when signing in to 1Password.com account.
- Do not show the progress bar on the 1Password icon in the taskbar on Windows 7.
- Do not return to the "Welcome to 1Password" page after signing in to your 1Password account.
- Do not show any banners when signing in for the first time.
– released 2016-11-03
We've found a few rare bugs that caused 1Password to get stuck in a sync loop with the 1Password.com servers, this update will address these excessive sync attempts among other reported sync issues. Thank you for reporting these issues.
Please join us in our discussion forums to provide feedback and report any issues.
- If your 1Password.com account has been rate-limited due to making too many requests at the same time, 1Password will inform you of this and prevent itself from making further sync attempts until the limit is lifted first.
- Initial sync after launching the program
- Reduced the number of attempts to sync the 1Password.com account.
- If the sign-in failed due to invalid credentials, do not automatically try again.
- Will no longer sync previously rejected items.
- Added additional logs to better track these sync/sign-in issues in the future.
– released 2016-10-13
Hello there! Wow, 1Password for Windows has come a long way since we introduced it way back in 2010! We've covered a lot of ground during those 6 awesome years, and now with version 6, we're ready to take the next giant leap forward.
With version 6, 1Password has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Literally every bit and every pixel has been recreated using the latest and greatest technologies from Microsoft, bringing you awesome features like HiDPI support, unicode, and thoughtful accessibility enhancements, all wrapped within a beautiful new design.
Designed specifically for our hosted services, 1Password 6 enables you to use your 1Password account on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Full support for standalone licenses and local vaults will come in future releases.
So without further ado – here's the full changelog of what's new and improved:
- A beautiful design with High-DPI support
- Designed specifically for 1Password.com subscribers: 1Password Teams, 1Password Families, and individual subscriptions.
- Can't decide what vault you want? No worries, you can find everything you need with all with our handy All Vaults view.
- Fill logins and passwords in your browser with our extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Support for Time-based One Time Passwords (TOTP) for sites using 2-factor authentication.
- Strong Password Generator.
- Large Type view for passwords with its own draggable window.
- Full support for uploading and downloading Document items in your 1Password account.
- Right-click on item details to quickly copy (e.g. usernames, passwords, credit card numbers, etc), very useful in 1Password mini to paste values into websites and apps.
- Read-only support for your Dropbox, OneDrive or local folder stored vaults allow you to migrate your existing data to your 1Password Account.
- 1Password Interchange Format (1PIF) import support.
- Auto-Save new logins and fill saved logins and passwords in your favourite browsers with 1Password Extension for Chrome, Firefox, Opera and more).
- Out-of-the-box support for screen readers like Narrator.
- … And lots more!
All of these changes combine into the fastest and most beautiful 1Password experience on Windows ever!
And the beauty isn't only skin deep – the new technologies we're using underneath the covers lay the foundation for many years to come. The next 6 years are going to be even more amazing than the first 6!
Thank you for supporting us all these years, we wouldn’t be here without you.
Oh, and if you've made it this far, you clearly care about 1Password as much as we do! Please join us in our forums to start the conversation. We'd love to hear from you. <3